011 559 3285 -email@example.com
Here is what he told our Grade 12 and 10 learners :
«Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. This wish, however, must be implemented by deed”.Marthurin Kerbouchard in ‘The walking Drum’ – Louis L’amour
Going to University is like, in sports, making the NATIONAL team directly from the school’s team
• We are expecting you to take a massive step up
• In your own mind give yourself a percentage (out of 100%) for how badly YOU want to study at university and what you want to study ;
• If you don’t want this badly enough…you do not have any chance !
• A lot of youth have potential like you, but only a few will make it !
• It is academically TOUGHER to get a university qualification than ANYTHING you have faced up to now
• But it is worth it!
What is important but not enough…
To have the potential
• The right intentions
• The right attitude
• The right vision (where do you see yourself in 5 years?)
• What else is needed?
• New study methods - if your results are not good enough, you need to change your study methods !
• Attending class and managing well your time ;
• Taking responsibility
• Working harder
• Asking for help – your parents, teachers, mentor won’t know if you get into trouble, YOU have to know and ask for help (sooner rather than later)
Register at UJ as soon as possible
- you need good Grade 11 results ; but you can always come to UJ in July with your Grade 12 June results, if they are better - meet the head of the faculty and explain your story !