The best is to apply online : you need to have an email address + cellphone numberGo on UJ website -http://www.uj.ac.za/EN/StudyatUJ/StudentEnrolmentCentre/
-Click on “application process” - “online web application” -“first time applicant” - “new application”, choose the program you want to study, fill your personal details.
- After completion of the form, you will get a student number and you will receive a PIN by sms.Then fax (011 559 4513) certified copies (with your student number) of : your ﬁnal Grade 11 results +your ID + proof of payment of the R400 registration fee (more if you applies for a residence)- Absa - Branch Code – 632005 -Account number - 3240141018 (use your” ID Number” as a reference)
How do I know if I am accepted ?
After 2 to 4 weeks, you will receive a letter from UJ. You can also check online (https://student.uj.ac.za/status.aspx). You will get :
-a “conditional acceptance” : final acceptance depends on your Matric results.- a “non acceptance” : don’t get depressed ! You can still reapply online in January, depending on your Matric results (also at Vaal and Tshwane University). The only (major) problem is some courses might be already full ;
-What must I do in January ?
- It will not be possible anymore to go with your Matric results to UJ. Because of January 2012 stampede (a woman was killed), only online application will be accepted. The website will tell you which degrees/diplomas are not full ;- you can reapply for the same course or another one ;
- check also the “extended diploma/degree” (with a preparatory year)...Our tips
- before you apply, check on the UJ prospectus (available online) that you have enough points (APS) to be accepted for the course you have chosen ; it is even better to have more than the minimum APS score required !- When you apply, do not fill immediately your “second choice”. Add it up later, in case you change your mind ;
- Do not waste time : It is “first come, first served”
- Attend the Open day at UJ on Friday 11 of May from 13 to 17 pm – that day is open to all learners coming with their parents or mentors. Saturday 12 of May (morning) is only for school groups in uniforms, which have prebooked.