The Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme -part of the St Stithians Foundation) is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) or 2-year Post Graduate Certificate inEducation (PGCE), through UNISA, while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College next year.
To apply, you must
• Passionate about exploring a career in teaching Mathematics, Physical Science or Early
Childhood Development/Foundation Phase.
• Students already registered in one of the above courses with UNISA.
• Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic resultsespecially in Maths and/or Science.
• South African citizens residing in Johannesburg.
• From previously disadvantaged groups and/or students in need of financial assistance.
(Students who wish to gain on-the-job experience, but who don’t need financial assistance may also apply.)
Benefits you will receive:
• Mentoring by an experienced educator.
• Valuable professional training and workplace experience within an IEB school environment.
In addition, you may qualify for one or more of the following benefits, depending on yourfinancial needs analysis:
• Payment of tuition fees and a textbook allowance.
• Stationery allowance.
• A monthly stipend.
Graduates: a certified copy of your final Grade 12 results and latest University results as well asa clearance certificate to prove that fees are up to date • Grade 12 students: certified copies of
your final Grade 11 report and 1st Term Grade 12 report.
read the application requirements carefully as any application which does not comply with the minimum requirements will be rejected.
e-mail your CV, quoting Ref. No. STS17732, to email@example.com or fax to
0866 963 074. Closing date for applications: 26 April 2013.