Your bursary or your Nsfas bursary might pay your student room rent. Nsfas pays for student rooms on campus and a selected off campus accommodation. You do not need to pay a rental deposit. Nsfas will pay it for you.

To get residency accomodation (on campus) :

You have to complete the ACCOMMODATION section within the University application form and pay a deposit, which will be refunded to you if your application is not successfull (UJ keeps 10 % as administrative cost)

How to find a room outside the campus ?

-Try to find a room close to your campus (walking distance). Check if it is Nsfas approved and visit the place. Check the security and space before your sign for it.Don’t wait, or you will get the worst students rooms !

-Ask students you know for addresses

- southpoint  (, Riviera Lodge and Uni-Stay which are the biggest student accommodation providers in South Africa.

City Waldorf (34 Sauer street, CBD) - 011 492 0684 - The Yard - (80 Jorissen Street Braamfontein - 071 999 1246  Online website to find accomodation : must register on the website to access the list of accommodation available for each campus.The list of accommodation are grouped according to the areas that are closest to their campus of choice,contact : studentcommune@purpleonlinemedia.comPurple Online Media SolutionsTel: +27 81 554 9744

No comments: